Better late than never, right?
I did this session on January 2nd, edited three images and then never went back to the folder again. I had intended to write a blog post, but just got too busy. So I decided to finish both the editing and images…finally ;). At the bottom will be a behind the scenes image and the gear/settings info. It was funny because I tried about 5 different kitties (Sphynx and Lykoi) and two couldn’t escape fast enough, and three actually seemed to enjoy themselves! So cats and water can be done..with the right cat! Haha!
And for fun, I added a bit of strawberry milk powder for a pop of color!
Behind the scenes….
I was using a two flash setup. I had a chair pulled between the two lights and shot from above the cats, and yes, I did almost fall in…several times. Haha! I used powdered milk which I whisked into the water to get rid of the clumps. It took approximately two boxes to get the water to have a white appearance (and I only had about 3″ of water in there!). I was still shooting Nikon at that time, so my gear was the Nikon D810 with the Sigma 35 1.4 ART. My settings were ISO 100, SS 1/125, f/3.5. As far as editing these images, mostly I just used hand edits. The actions that I did choose to use were from Chasing Light’s Chemistry set, and GTG’s Lara Jade set.
The kitties loved how the flowers would float away! I spent a lot of time getting on and off the chair to push the flowers back toward them!
I love it when a family of one of my kittens suggests a theme and it is my job to find the props and make the idea come to life! This was a quick session done in a hurry to help surprise this little feller’s new dad with a birthday gift! This is more a gallery posting, then a behind the scenes post like I normally do…but I thought I would post it anyway! My model is a 5 weeks old Lykoi kitten who is just beginning to “wolf out”. That is the joking term we use for when the Lykoi molt their coat and grow that patchy hair back in that is reminiscent of the old werewolf movies.
For my photography friends, this was shot using two Alien Bees (a B800 and a B400 both with softboxes). I used wood backdrops from Lemondrop Stop. I used clear plexiglass to cover the bottom drop. I purposely left the scuffs on the baseball equipment….so yes, I could have clean the gear up in PS, but chose not to. My camera is now the Sony A7rII. I used the new Sony 24-70/2.8 GM lens at varying focal lengths. The settings were ISO 100, SS 1/200, F/7.1.
Blooper shot….Not suitable for work 😉
Sometimes I have a backdrop that I have to resist using because it just becomes a favorite! I have already posted this one recently, but since my little model Pharrell the Lykoi was so adorable that I decided to turn it into a post anyway! 🙂
Settings- Nikon D810 & Sigma 35 1.4 Art Lens. Shutter Speed 1/125, ISO- 100, F/8. The backdrop is sold HERE.